|This utaite's song list is up-to-date and complete. Most recent upload: June 14, 2013.|
|If you feel the list needs update, please help by doing so.|
Chomaiyo as depicted by Tamao (たまお)
|Also known as|| 抱きしめたトゥナイト (Dakishimeta Tonight, former name)|
tonighted (occasionally credited as, web radio channel name)
抱き (Daki, nickname)
だきちゅな (Dakichuna, nickname)
|NND-related sites|| NND user page|
co1874243 (with Yuupin)
|Collab partner(s)||Seriyu, Inakamono, Chawa|
|A sample of a cover song by Chomaiyo|
"Toys", composed by mato
Chomaiyo (ちょまいよ), formerly known as Dakishimeta Tonight (抱きしめたトゥナイト), is an utaite and former gamer with a soft, relaxed, and somewhat lazy sounding but highly emotive voice. His singing style is expressive and emotional, and is often compared to professional singers in that regard. His avatar is frequently substituted with that of a small dog, however he is also occasionally depicted as a blond, slightly poofy-haired young man with a distinctive rainbow striped scarf. He occasionally writes lyrics for various composers, though he mainly covers songs as an utaite.
Although nowadays he is mostly known as a vocalist, he was one of many former Ustream/Justin.tv haishinsha (配信者, gamers, Let's Players and web radio hosts) who made the transition to Nico Nico Douga as part of a mass exodus in mid-late 2009. While many of his fellow haishinsha went on to become prominent figures in Nico Nico Douga's gaming community, he was one of the few among them (along with lasah and Shochu Umee) who subsequently became utaite instead.
He remains good friends with fellow Ustreamer and gamer Revin, with whom he co-hosted the web radio show Saidai Service (最大サービス, lit. Maximum Service) from 2009-2010. He is good friends with fellow utaite Baru as well, and they often hold namahousous together. He is also a noted lyricist, having written for producers such as Hachi - most notably for the song "Nilgiri" , which features lasah as vocalist.
His first cover was "clock lock works", which has since been taken down on Nico Nico Douga. His first hit cover was "Yubikiri" , which currently has over 188K views and 5K mylists, and his most popular cover is "Yurufuwa Jukai Girl", which has 216K views and 7.5K mylists.
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
- from Internet City (Released on April 06, 2010)
- Colorful Mic (Released on December 31, 2011)
- alpa (Released on February 05, 2012)
- HIDAMARI (Released on April 28, 2012)
- Kamikyoku wo Utattemita 6 (Released on August 15, 2012)
- Girlfriend From Kyoto (Released on November 07, 2012)
- Yume no Mani Mani (itikura album) (Released on February 13, 2013)
- Inachoma (いなちょま) with Inakamono
- Orechawanaiscop (折れちゃわないすこっぷ) with Chawa and scop
- Semaiyo (せまいよ) with Seriyu
- Yurichoma (ゆりちょま) or Chomarin (ちょまりん) with Yurin
List of Covered SongsEdit
- He was born in Tochigi, Tochigi Prefecture, and currently lives in Nagano.
- He is of American descent, although his parents were citizens of the United Kingdom. However, his family moved to Japan before he was born.
- He has an acoustic guitar named Kuropin (くろぴん).
- His former name, Dakishimeta Tonight, was derived from the name of one of his radio shows. In turn, Chomaiyo is derived from a typo of Dakishimeta Tonight, Dapichimeta Chomaiyo (だぴちめたちょまいよ).
- He likes to write "oretenai mic de" (折れてないマイクで, lit. with an unbroken mic) in front of his covers. This is in reference to his first two covers, clock lock works and THE WORLD END UMBRELLA, which both had "oreta mic de" (折れたマイクで, lit. with a broken mic) in front of them.
- He is commonly depicted as either a dog or a young man with blond, slightly poofy hair and a rainbow striped scarf. The latter is adapted from his days as a Ustreamer, when he was often depicted as a man with a bright yellow afro, 3-D glasses, a green jumpsuit, freckles, and a trademark rainbow scarf.
- Although his past as a haishinsha or Let's Player has rarely been mentioned after he became an utaite, his support BOTs (programs that helped manage often-crowded streams and prevented them from being overrun with trolls and the like who were often given names, character designs, and personalities by their haishinsha) DANI (short for Daniela) and Daniel, remain popular figures in fanart to this day. DANI in particular is well-known outside gaming circles for being featured as the protagonist of the popular VOCALOID song "Strobe Last" by PowapowaP.