|This utaite's song list is up-to-date and complete. Most recent upload: August 26, 2016.|
|If you feel the list needs an update, please help by doing so.|
|Please read tutorial page before you start editing.|
|If you have trouble editing, you can always visit the Forum, or contact an admin. We'll happily help with anything|
| This article needs further elaboration.
This article's description has not met the wiki's standard. You can help Utaite Wiki by expanding it.
Dazbee as seen in ask.fm
Illust. by Ram (ラム)
|Also known as|| ダズキン (dazukin, Dazkin, former name)|
다즈킨 (dajeukin, Dazkin)
다즈비 (dajeubi, Dazbee)
|NND sites|| NND user page|
|Collab partner(s)||hummerkey, Suya|
|A sample of a cover song by Dazbee|
"Inochi no Namae", original sung by Hirahara Ayaka
Dazbee (ダズビー) is a Korean utaite known for her soft, fluttery, and feminine voice, characterized by its sultry, languid, almost drawl-like lilt and airy higher register. While her voice is well-suited for somber or "creepy" songs, as heard in her covers of "Sasha" and koyori's darker songs like "Hitorinbo Envy" and "Ai ni Kijutsushi" , she has covered various other types of songs just as effectively.
She debuted in 2011 at the age of 15 with a mashup cover of "Panda Hero x Matryoshka" , under the name Dazkin (ダズキン). Due to some confusion between her and a Japanese manufacturing company with a similar name, she later changed her name to Dazbee in early 2012 with the upload of her cover of "paranoia" ; however, she is still credited as Dazkin in her older covers.
Her singing style is often described as being enigmatic, mysterious, and "soothing with a hidden strength", as opposed to generically sweet or cute; despite this, she has covered "cutesy" songs like "Natsu ni Sarishi Kimi wo Omou" , and is known to adapt her singing to fit a song. Her voice is occasionally compared to that of singers Aimer and YUI, though she personally dislikes the latter comparison.
Although she mainly covers songs in Japanese, she has occasionally covered Korean songs as well, most notably a collaborative cover of EXO's "Baby Don't Cry" done with Suya and Suchan. However, these covers are usually limited to SoundCloud or YouTube uploads.
In addition to singing, she is also noted to be a talented audio engineer and mixer - she has mixed all of her own covers and has also mixed for several of her friends. In fact, she commissions her services, assisting people and companies in need of sound editing.
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
1. REST ♪ TIME (udaque album) (Released on May 25, 2013)
List of Covered SongsEdit
Songs on SoundCloudEdit
- Official Site
- Twitter (Japanese)
- Twitter (Korean)
- ask.fm (Japanese)
- ask.fm (Korean)
- ↑ Her Nico Nico Douga user page
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Dazbee's Nico Nico Pedia entry
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding being compared to YUI
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding her height
- ↑ September 09, 2014 Twitter status
- ↑ September 25, 2014 Twitter status
- ↑ June 19, 2013 Twitter status
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding her favorite VOCALOID producers
- ↑ October 16, 2012 Twitter status
- ↑ February 02, 2013 Twitter status
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding her favorite song
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding where she studied Japanese
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding when she started to like singing
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding how she got into utattemita
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding her favorite foods
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding the reason behind her nickname
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding her "type"
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding siblings
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding utaite she admires