Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This utaite's song list is up-to-date and complete. Most recent upload: February 11, 2014.|
|If you feel the list needs an update, please help by doing so.|
|Also known as||ババア (babaa, lit. old lady; nickname)|
|NND sites|| NND user page|
mylist/33436862 (1st list)
mylist/14717063 (2nd list)
mylist/17909934 (Let's Plays)
|A sample of a cover song by Lasah|
"clock lock works" -Acoustic ver.-, composed by Hachi
lasah (らさ) is an utaite and gamer known for her warm, delicate, yet solid voice, with a fluttery, almost vibrato-like quality to it. While she usually sings with a full and mature voice to match the more serious songs she tends to cover, she is also capable of sounding high, soft and more stereotypically "cute".
Though recently she has become mainly known for her vocal work, like Chomaiyo, she was one of many former Ustream/Justin.tv haishinsha (配信者, gamers and web radio hosts) who made the transition to Nico Nico Douga in mid-late 2009. However, despite becoming an utaite, she has continued to Let's Play games; her playthroughs can be found here.
She is good friends with producers such as Hachi, sasakure.UK, and kous, and occasionally provides vocals for some of their original songs. In addition to this, she has also done translation work for various producers, including MikitoP and sasakure.UK. She also remains friends with fellow ex-Ustreamer and utaite Chomaiyo, who occasionally mixes for her.
Though she currently resides in Kansai, she is fluent in English as she moved to America shortly after she was born, and lived there until she was 18 years old. Her first and second albums are sung entirely in the English language, and she has also covered several songs with English lyrics she has written, such as "Kagaribito" and "Campanella" .
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
List of Covered SongsEdit
Commercially Featured WorksEdit
For project-ALCA- albums see here
|Released on February 17, 2013|
Illust. by Ohtsuki Kana (大槻香奈)
"I LOVE YOU,"
|Released on April 26, 2014|
Illust. by Ohtsuki Kana (大槻香奈)
before light (with Lon)
|Released on September 16, 2015|
| || |
- She was born in Kobe, and currently lives in the Kansai area.
- Her family moved to California three months after she was born, as both her parents had jobs there.
- She went to a strict Christian school for her middle and high school years, and first became interested in singing when she sang hymns as a member of the church's choir. She also recalls being the only Japanese person in attendance.
- She went back to Japan to study law (specifically to become a lawyer for musicians), as she held an interest in Japan's copyright laws.
- She draws her influences from US indie rock, as well as post rock and electronica, and is a proponent of breaking down the language barrier between English and Japanese music.
- She refers to herself as being eternally 34-years-old.
- She owns a black and white custom Gibson Les Paul named Yachiyo (八千代).
- She has an older brother, who is two years older than her.
- Her favorite movie is Princess Mononoke.