|This utaite's song list is up-to-date and complete. Most recent upload: August 20, 2016.|
|If you feel the list needs an update, please help by doing so.|
Panaman as depicted by Fujino Ameri (藤乃あめり)
|Also known as|| ﾍﾟﾈﾒﾝｾﾝ (Penemensen, nickname)|
橘 (Tachibana, as band vocalist)
橘万智 (Tachibana Machi, occasionally credited as)
|NND sites|| NND user page|
Note: This sample is being streamed directly from the utaite's original on TmBox, as he has forbidden reprints to video sharing sites outside of Nico Nico Douga.
|A sample of a cover song by Panaman|
"Be the light", original by ONE OK ROCK
Panaman (ぱなまん) is a relatively new utaite known for his powerful, syrupy yet crisp, mid-high ranged voice. His singing style includes distinct trills and inflections, is particularly expressive and has a guttural, slightly rough quality to it; as such, his voice is often described as being suited to rock songs. His song choices also tend to reflect this, as the intensity of his singing often prevents him from covering slower-paced songs or ballads as effectively; however he has covered "quiet" songs such as "Telomere no Ubugoe" and has stated that he enjoys and wishes to practice singing similarly non-rock songs.
In addition to his work as Panaman, he also lends his voice to some of the guitarist RipTONE's band cover projects, where he is credited as Tachibana Machi (橘万智), or simply Tachibana (橘) for short. To date, he has provided the lead vocals for band covers of ONE OK ROCK's "Re:make" and the Shingeki no Kyojin ending theme "great escape". His participation in these is kept somewhat of an open secret; comment filters on the videos change any instance of "Panaman" into "Tachibana", and Panaman himself has asked for people to not call him by his usual name in these covers.
His debut cover was the ballad "Refrain Loop", which was later re-mixed by the original composer of the song, KazukunP; however, like many of his early covers, it has since been omitted from his mylist. His first hit cover was "Last Last", which currently has 102K views and 5K mylists, and his most popular cover is "Kanashimi no Nami ni Oboreru", which currently has 266K views and 10K mylists as of December 2014.
His singing voice and vocal style are often compared to those of professional musicians, and in particular are noted to be quite similar to those of Taka's, the lead vocalist of the band ONE OK ROCK, which is often commented on by viewers whenever he covers one of their songs.
He has stated in the uploader comments of his more recent covers that he does not want his videos to be reposted to video sharing sites such as YouTube, and asked that people please refrain from doing so.
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
List of Covered SongsEdit
|Released on January 06, 2016|
Illust. by Tanaka Hirotaka (田中寛崇)
- In addition to singing, he can also play several instruments, including drums, electric, and acoustic guitar. He also likes to post short instrumental songs he composes and arranges on TmBox.
- He is 172 cm tall (5'7").
- His favorite food is tamagoyaki.
- His best subject in school was math, particularly division and mental arithmetic.
- He is often depicted with an apple motif; usually either holding an apple or as an apple. This is derived from the caricature of the aforementioned fruit in his user icon, which he drew himself and affectionately calls Ringo-senpai (りんご先輩), "ringo" meaning "apple".
- ↑ August 02, 2012 congratulations Tweet from Fukamachi Naka
- ↑ February 28, 2014 Tweet
- ↑ February 19, 2014 Tweet
- ↑ TmBox drums cover of "Kamisama Nejimaki"
- ↑ TmBox guitar cover of "Kenshinteki Ningen wa Yasashii Hito ni Narenai"
- ↑ TmBox acoustic cover of "For the First Time in Forever"
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding his height
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding what food he never leaves out of his bento
- ↑ ask.fm Q & A regarding his best subject in school
- ↑ September 02, 2013 Tweet