|A sample of a cover song by Piko|
"Don't Say Lazy", K-ON! ED
Piko (ピコ) is an utaite and professional singer, as well as the voice provider for the VOCALOID Utatane Piko. His earliest known involvement with music was as an amateur vocalist when he was a high school student, and with his mother's advice, Piko posted a VOCALOID song cover on Nico Nico Douga and the cover quickly became popular.
Piko is a "ryouseirui". Although he does have the capability to sing in both a male or female voice, his covers and official singles are typically sung in his natural, feminine timbre. He is capable of exerting a tremendous amount of strength in his covers, for example in his "Koi wa Sensou", where he is practically screaming. Another example of his power is present in his "FIRST" cover.
He is good friends with another ryouseirui singer, Sekihan, and the two are known for their comedic segments during duets together.
On September 2009, he made his debut as an independent singer, leading to a contract with Ki/oon Records (read as "kyuun records"), a subsidiary company of Sony Music Entertainment Inc., in March 2010.
He recently also began to produce VOCALOID originals under the name ChuutoroP (ちゅうとろP), which are placed under his second Mylist.
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
List of Covered SongsEdit
Commercially Featured WorksEdit
- "Sakurane" - Released on March 09, 2011
- Ending theme of episodes 40-52 of the TV anime Gintama
- "Wasurenagusa" (Forget-Me-Not) - Released on December 08, 2010
- Ending theme of the TV anime Tegami Bachi Reverse
- "Make My Day!" - Released on August 15, 2012
- Opening theme of the TV anime Binbougami ga!
- "Kotonoha" - Released on June 05, 2013
- Ending theme of the rebroadcast of the TV anime Katanagatari
- He was born in Hyogo Prefecture.
- Piko's logo is ﾋﾟωﾟｺ, which is also the face for his small, white, mouse-like mascot, affectionately known as "Pikochu" by himself and fans alike. Sekihan also has a similar mascot named "Nyaahan".
- His artist name, Piko, is the namesake of a pet dog he has.
- Piko's mother is the one who encouraged him to upload covers onto Nico Nico Douga, and allegedly accepted his decision to go into music professionally much more quickly than his father. In tribute to her, he copies her hairstyle.
- He made cooking videos in year 2008 and 2009 to celebrate Jegyll's birthday, Sekihan's debut as utaite and Christmas.
- He got celebration videos from other utaite in year 2008, 2009 and 2010 to celebrate his debut as utaite.
- His favorite colors are pink, red, black, and white.